Awarded Thumbtack’s Best of 2015 –
Saxophone Lessons in New York
Jim is passionate about working with students at all levels. He has taught professionally for 10 years, working with students from absolute beginners to those pursuing their bachelor’s degree in music. He has been a clinician and guest soloist at the middle, high school, and college levels. Lessons are taught either in person or via video conference. Click here to read “The Saxophone: Not just a Shiny Noisemaker!” interview with Music to Your Home.
- Private studio of up to 15 students, ranging from beginner to college level. (Fall 2008 – Current)
- Master classes taught at college, high school, and middle school levels (2006 to – Current)
- Adjunct Instructor at NYU (Fall 2014 – Spring 2015)
- College level substitute lesson teacher at St. Mary’s University in Winona, MN. (Spring 2011)
- Show Choir pit orchestra director, La Crosse Central High School. (Fall 2010 – Spring 2011)
- Clinician and judge, Aquinas High School, Longfellow Middle School in La Crosse, WI; West Salem High School, West Salem, WI. (Fall 2007 – Spring 2010)
Interested in lessons? Contact me for more information.
“Highly recommend Jim – enthusiastic, knowledgable and patient teacher of the Saxophone. I am thoroughly enjoying my lessons.” -F. M. via Thumbtack
“Jim Piela is without a doubt one of the most hardworking, talented and professional musicians out there. Having worked with him over the years, his determination to improve not only his own artistry but that of everyone around him is inspirational. I’ve benefited from simply being around him and can guarantee that anyone who is looking to grow musically will do so with Jim.” -Michael Sarian